Thursday 27 May 2021

Using Coggle as a mind-mapping tool

Have you discovered Coggle? It is a tool you can use for mind-mapping, planning or any other activity you think it might benefit you. There is a really useful introductory video (under 2 minutes!) which demonstrates what a Coggle map can look like and how to use it.

As a visual learner I really like using mind-maps as it helps me to express ideas, thoughts or plans in a visual way. It helps me articulate and see the whole picture, and I enjoy creating them! What I like about Coggle is that I found it easy to use, it automatically includes a range of colours, but you can also change the layout or colours if you wish. Like many web tools, you can create a free account or pay for more features.

I have used mind-maps to help inform decisions for planning a house move, my wedding, house jobs and use them a lot in my teaching to demonstrate to students tools they may find useful when planning assignments. Below is a mind-map I created for a recent teaching session - click on the image to view a full size image which will give you an idea of potential layout/colour.

If you haven't used mind-maps or Coggle before, I encourage you to give it a go!



Suzie Williams
Academic Liaison Librarian, University of Sunderland


No comments:

Post a Comment